This is a really short post because the solution to
"How to Get Your Kindle Book Noticed on Amazon"
is unbelievably simple!
You know your genre, you know what other books are out there on Amazon's Kindle store.
1) Once you've published your book to Amazon go search out a best-selling author and their latest best-selling book: in your chosen genre, of course, two if you feel inclined.
2) Purchase your own book and the best-seller on same transaction.
3) Wait five days and check your books page and the advertising column: "Customers who bought this book also purchased!"
4) You should now have the best-seller posted on your book's page and likewise you should be on the best-seller's page: same advertising mode.
5) Magic. You are up there with a best-selling author. There's no guarantee you'll get huge sales from being on the same virtual book shelf but you're in with a much better chance than sitting it out on your page on your tod!
Try it! What have you got to lose? Get friends to do the same with other big named sellers, and your chances get even better. ;)